3000 Students will be trained through Skill Development Center
With a mission to impart skills to the new and existing workforce in the domestic & export apparel industry and textiles sector, Apparel Training and Design Centre (ATDC) India’s Largest Vocational Training Network for the Apparel Sectorinaugurated ‘Kaushal Vikas Bhawan’ in Patna. Shri Jai Kumar Singh, Hon’ble Minister of Industries, Science & Technology, Govt. of Bihar inaugurated the ATDC’s ‘Kaushal Vikas Bhawan’ on 19th December 2015 at Patliputra Industrial Area, Patna. The inaugural function was presided by Sri. Hari Kapoor, Vice-Chairman, ATDC and in the presence of senior officers of Govt. of Bihar, Sri Tripurari Sharan, IAS, Principal Secretary, Dept. of Industries, Shri Dinesh Kumar, IAS, Joint Secretary & Director of Handlooms.
Kaushal Vikas Bhawan is a newly constructed skill development centre which will impart employment oriented trainings to the youth especially women. The Bhawan will provide trained shop-floor workforce for the domestic and export apparel Industry. It will offer short term programs under ISDS, MOT, GOI (ATDC-SMART) Up to 2 months and long term programs in conjunctions with skill development initiative scheme DGE&T / NCVT through the ATDC Vocational Institute 2 months – 2 years. It aims to train 3000 candidates in a year. The centre is well equipped with Sewing Machines Labs, CAD Lab for Computerized Pattern Making, Computer Embroidery Machine, Resource Centre with latest books and periodicals and Class Rooms. The state-of-the-art facilities at ATDC Patna will give further impetus to the training activities of ATDC in the whole state of Bihar.
Sri Jai Kumar Singh, Hon’ble Minister of Industries, Science & Technology, Govt. of Bihar said “Bihar is major provider of Manpower to the industries in country as well as overseas. Skilling of this manpower will enhance the value addition of those manpower & higher earnings capability. I am highly impressed with the ATDC Patna having advanced & latest machineries with state of the art infrastructure. The training methodology is appreciable and I also appreciate the female trainees for their willingness & commitment for the training which is important for the advancement of Bihar”
In Bihar, ATDC Patna was set up in year 2009 with a Hub of 10 ATDC-SMART Centres spread over the state of Bihar having trained over 14,000 candidates at: Muzaffarpur, Gaya, Chhapra, Hajipur, Madhubani, Motihari, Sasaram, Jhanjharpur, Saharsa and Rajgir. 74% of the total trained candidates were women and remaining 26% were male and Majority of the candidates belonged to disadvantaged sections of the society like SC & OBC categories.72% were from rural areas and remaining 28% were from urban areas. Post-training, trainees were linked to wage-employment in the apparel clusters at Noida, Gurgaon, Bangalore & Tirupur etc. Trainees who are not willing to migrate were made self-reliant for setting up their boutiques, in micro enterprises apart from being facilitated through self-help groups.
Directorate of Handlooms, Govt. of Bihar has provided bridge-fee support for 6,000 candidates for FY 2015-16 for which efforts are being made to carry out the training of the candidates.
Speaking on the occasion Sh. Hari Kapoor, ATDC Vice Chairman said “ATDC Patna ‘Kaushal Vikas Bhawan’ is one of the best vocational institute. I requeste minister to provide support policy for the development of domestic garment industry in Bihar with its rich tradition art & craft like Madhubani art etc. which will be in great demand in coming years”
In a message of Sri. Virender Uppal, Chairman, he said the setting up and launch of Kaushal Vikas Bhawan is a landmark and will accelerate ATDCs skill development activities in Bihar. Dr. Darlie Koshy, DG&CEO in a message on occasion of the inauguration that ATDC is grateful to the Bihar Government for the bridge free support and with 11 centres practically covering entire state ATDC will catalyse the growth of Apparel Manufacturing in the State offering employment opportunities to youth especially women.