Technology is changing after every single minute. New innovations are developed to make work easier. In every sector, department we can see different methods and new equipments. In schools, colleges, organizations, LMS is implemented to access the details, progress reports, training on technological development etc.
Today, it has become important for all the organizations to give periodic training to their employees in order to keep them abreast of all the changes and developments in the market. The conventional mode of training involves, bulk report generation, assignment sheets, and evaluation, which is very time consuming.
Learning Management System or LMS, is an effective way of training the corporates, by using industry specific training modules. The learning management system has a flexible architecture, which can be utilised and changed according to the needs of the industry. With the facility of customisation, users get the cost-effective online training modules, which are beneficial for the overall growth of the organization. For many organisations, scalability is the major issue but by incorporating LMS, they can wave off all their worries. It is a completely new concept, which is quickly gaining acceptance among the growing organisations.
The online learning programs come with different tools, which are user-friendly. Skill-gap analysis, video-player and offline learning are some of the other tools; e-learning programs are installed with. One of the prime advantages of learning management software is that it can be customised as per the requirement of different industries. Owing to all these features, the utility of the software has increased manifold. It has transformed the off-the-job training into a more fun-filled and interesting activity. Moreover, this software can also be integrated with the current training process, which aids in saving a lot of time and money of the organisations.
Lms, Learning management software, owing to their features like computer/web based training, continuous on-line assessment, collaborative learning, and web seminars, are appreciated by various organisations. Some of the important features of these online programs are managing, tracking and assessing the trainee’s performance. Along with the customisation of e-learning content, the font size, colours and layout of the learning module can also be changed as per the needs of the clients.
Given below are some benefits of Learning Management System (LMS):
- Consistent Learning: It helps in maintaining the consistency of the documents and records. Information is maintained appropriately with the details, employees and customers; therefore it helps in keeping track of all records. It delivers consistent level of training content and required material to employees through single source.
- Centralized Learning: This feature is important when new equipments are introduced, existing equipments are updated. LMS makes all types of training content, development content available to everyone 24/7 from any place by accessing web. Several users can access this at anytime, anywhere.
- Improving Performance with Tracking and Reporting: LMS will enable users at variety of levels to access data that relates to progress, performance and planning for future professional development. When such information is accessed, employees feel more in control of learning and inspired to progress further. Management can track the records of employee’s performance, and areas for improvement. Organizations and schools conduct evaluation tests, quizzes in order to analyze the capability and improvement in students.
- Multilingual Support: This feature is incorporated in LMS which provides content in various languages. Employees can choose the language with which they are comfortable.
- Simplifying Learning Processes: With LMS, new users can easily work. It holds recording and tracking event programs, classroom learning, documentation, administration and web conference to name a few. It is an affordable option for many learners because of its practical and influential approach.
- Available on Various Devices: The online training module can be accessed via different modes, including games, social network or mobile. Social learning is one of the most popular modes of learning where the e-learning content is integrated with the noted social networking sites. Users can log on and read different modules of the online training programs as per their liking. They can also rate and share the e-learning content with their friends, thereby making the learning process more collaborative. The integrated tracking feature provided with the training modules helps in maintaining the records of chapters, which have already been completed.