· New, interactive format to encourage student-parent duos to create more with the PC
· Dell to leverage retail presence for collaborative PC use
Dell in India, today kick started the 5th year of Dell Champs, its flagship school outreach program, with the aim of showcasing the role of the personal computer in the process of learning. The program is in line with Dell’s pan India PC for education initiative ‘Dell Aarambh’, which is founded on the concept that computers contribute to the all-round growth of a child especially in their developmental years. After running successfully for 4 years, in its fifth year, Dell Champs is expanding its outreach to 25 tier 2-4 cities, increasing the scope of the program from 400 to 625 schools. Dell expects an increased interest and participation from 250,000 students.
“Dell Champs – 2017” features an interactive technology-based quiz which serves as a unique platform for parents to come together with their child and collaborate in the use of the PC. This year, the program has been designed to provide experiential learning through the course of the competition.
- In order to deepen engagement for students and their guardians, the program will include a physical project submission, in addition to the online quiz in the city level and finale of the competition.
- Dell is leveraging its vast network of Dell Exclusive Stores of over 600 stores in the country to enable shortlisted teams at the city level to build and submit individual projects whilst gaining access to versatile technology solutions that will complement their capabilities.
Ritu Gupta, Director, Marketing, Consumer & Small Business at Dell, India – “Dell Champs has been a crucial component in our outreach to young students to demonstrate how the PC can serve as a knowledge hub and a content creation tool, in their early years of growth and development. When students and their parents collaborate to use technology, they are able to collectively understand and leverage the capability of technology to create an engaging learning experience. With the intent to heighten the creative element in the program, we have modified the format of the program to include individual projects. With our vast network of Dell Exclusive Stores (DES), participants will be able to create their projects with ease at their neighbourhood DES. We are proud to be stepping into the 5th year of this flagship property.”
DETAILS OF THE COMPETITION:
The competition is conducted in four stages with the first being the paper and PC-based quiz competition. After this round, winning teams will be selected for the second round which is a school level quiz held on PC’s. The third round will see the winning teams from each of the schools competing with each other in the ‘City level’ contest. In this round, teams will be involved in creating and submitting their individual projects at their neighbourhood Dell Exclusive Stores. Participants will have the freedom to choose the subject for this project. The winners of the city level round will go on to compete in the final round at a pan India level. This round will also include a final project, with topics assigned to the student-parent duo.
- The winner of the Dell Champs 2017 national level competition will receive a scholarship of Rs.100, 000 along with a Dell All-In-One PC to continue using the PC as a key tool for their overall learning and growth.
- The Dell Champ 2017 first runner up will receive a scholarship of Rs. 50,000 and a Dell desktop
- The 2nd and 3rd runner ups in the competition will receive Dell TFT Monitors