City Specific Highlights:
- While Bangalore outsmart all cities in Geometry, Chennai ruled the area of number sense.
- In Delhi, students had strong Alphanumeric skills. They also performed well in fractions and decimals when compared to children in other cities.
- In Hyderabad, students were observed to have good calculation skills and their everyday math performance was better rated when compared to other cities
- In Mumbai, students has strong spatial skills and their performance in mensuration stood out.
- In Pune, students showcased strong logical skills and data handling was their key strength compared to students in other cities
|Number sense||Fractions and decimals||Mensuration||Data handling||Everyday math||Geometry|
|Chennai (76%)||Delhi (71%)||Mumbai (79%)||Pune (84%)||Hyderabad
*Accuracy is achieved when students score 75% or more in a set of questions/exercise for a particular topic
- Both boys and girls are at par with each other.
o Although, 61% girls have better accuracy in Everyday Math and Geometry.
o 68% boys have better accuracy in numbers and operations, and data handling.
- Students face the most difficulty in topics like algebra, integers, rationals and geometry.
- After Cuemath, students enjoy topics like Geometry and Data handling the most. They have shown the most progress in these topics.
- Students have shown great promise on spatial skills (in aptitude) vis-a-vis alphanumeric skills.
- 57% of Younger students (grades 1 to 3) have better accuracy at everyday math vis-a-vis 64% students of grades 4 to 8 have better accuracy at arithmetic.
Cuemath Parent Survey
Respondents: 300 parents
- Before joining Cuemath 61% children were averse to Math as a subject.
o Child wasn’t confident enough to ask questions in Math class
o Child was not able to apply mathematical concepts in real life
o Child did not understand the correlation between mathematical concepts
o Always compared understanding of concept with achieving marks
o Math homework caused anxiety amongst students
o Did not have interest in trying any math based activities like Puzzles, Rubik cube and so on
- After joining Cuemath:
o 78% parents claimed to see a shift in their children towards loving math as a subject.
o 75% have reported getting scores of 80 or above in their math tests.
o 95% of the students attend their CueMath classes regularly which shows the high level of engagement in the program
o Cuemath program has encouraged a general liking towards mathematical thinking. 63% of our students have reported an increase in math-related activities like puzzles and Sudoku